Almost everyone I know wants to understand how they can increase their own cash flow. Maybe you have wondered why some people have money and yet others are struggling.
It is safe to say that the world is reliant on money in order to survive, however how we identify with money is slightly warped. The healthy relationship we should be having with money has turned into one of scarcity and greed. As long as we are holding onto cliches like ‘the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer’ or ‘money is the root of all evil’ then our view on money will be inaccurate.
If you want more money in your life, then you’ve got to show money the love and respect it deserves. Treat your money like you would a relationship and put your whole heart, soul and mind into it.
With money, it has to be the same way. So, take these five steps into account…
- Realise that money itself is like electricity. It is neither good nor evil and is in itself simply energy. Money has the meaning that we assign to it. Just like with electricity, you can use it to do a lot of good or it can begin to cause a lot of problems. Many people begin to blame money for where they are (or lack of it) but it is important that instead you own up to where you are and why you got there, take responsibility for it, begin to respect money and money will once again begin to flow.
- Think about money as being a token of appreciation for the value you have offered. The more value you offer, the more money you will receive back. Giving value just because you want something back is not necessarily the way to go about it and instead give value because you want to make a difference in someone else’s life and the money will come to you…
- Keep pictures or symbols of money to help you focus and remind you of your intention. You can use pictures of money, real money, or symbols such as rocks or marbles. Use whatever works best for you. I like to keep “million dollar cheques” in my purse and I always make sure I have plenty of cash in my purse at all times so that I have a feeling of abundance every time I open it. Never allow your purse or wallet to be empty.
- Take inspired action. Don’t just take an action for action’s sake, but meditate and think it through. Trust your higher self to lead you to take the right action and by doing so you know that you are doing something you are passionate about and the money will follow.
- Imagine what it would feel like to be wealthy. Exactly how much money would you like to have and when would you like to have it by. Make sure that you are crystal clear on these details and begin to associate the feeling of already having it. Imagine/Visualise on a daily basis so that you can enter this feeling and begin to “live” it on a daily basis. It is so much fun to visualise being wealthy.
These are just a few simple steps that can help you expand your money consciousness.